About Me

My photo
Very mouthy and slightly neurotic retro enthusiast who wants to be everything but doesn't want to leave the comfort of her one house, and finds that being a bookworm can actually be funner than anything else...

Thursday 17 December 2015

Time of the year

It is the time when we reminiscence about what happened through the past year. We think about our New Year’s resolutions and we write new ones. We think of the good and the bad and let ourselves fly through the past.
It is the time when we celebrate and put up our Christmas trees and decorations, when we bake cookies and spend time with loved ones. It is the time to appreciate of what we really have in our lives.


To be completely honest this year definitely wasn’t mine. I stepped in this year with a major cold, follow on with a second degree burn on my right hand, which made my life a living hell and disabled me from my writing and work activities. I lost some money in an insurance lifesaving scam. My doggy was sick more than once and even needed an emergency operation, we moved out from the apartment back home and packed our entire lives in boxes and last but not least, my uninvited guests under my bed that made these festive time of the year just perfect. But my Mama said the most truthful thing the other day, “Nobody remembers the bad things, we all think of the really good ones”. And that made me think, why not just hold on to the good ones straight away, because clinging on the bad ones just makes you miserable and do we really need that kind of negativity in our lives?
No so therefore I’ll tell you what good happened to me this year. It was the first New Year Eve in two years that I spend it with Robert and Jack, I was chosen to do Moth storytelling workshop, met some new incredibly amazing friends. I turned 23 and haven’t changed a bit. I was competing in Miss Alt Dublin and met beautiful dolls. I baked so many goodies, I joined the gym and finally gather up the courage and started doing Burlesque classes. I read so many books and started writing reviews for work, I won a raffle and got a free photo-shoot with an amazing photographer and to top it off I did this with loving support of my family and friends and most of all with my love Robert by my side.

So maybe if sometimes it is a bit dark in your life think of the positive things and amazing people in your life, because that sure helps me.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment