About Me

My photo
Very mouthy and slightly neurotic retro enthusiast who wants to be everything but doesn't want to leave the comfort of her one house, and finds that being a bookworm can actually be funner than anything else...

Monday 27 July 2015

Walking while baking



There is a Miss Alt Dublin competition going on this Thursday and guess who is one of the finalist that will walk down the catwalk. ME, that’s right!!!

Of course my first instinct was, I need to train in my heels so what better way to do it than to bake something delicious while wearing a nice pair of heels.




Chocolate and banana cake
200 °C oven or 6 on Gas oven | 30min

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup flower
  • ½ cup quick oats 
  • 2 eggs 
  • ¼ cup brown sugar 
  • ¼ cup coco powder 
  • 50g of dark chocolate
  • 2tsp baking powder 
  • 25g butter 
  • ½ milk
  • 2 bananas

Preheat the oven to 200 °C

In one bowl mix flower with coco powder, quick oats and baking powder.
In a separate bowl put butter and chocolate and melt it in the microwave for a minute.
Mix eggs and sugar in a third bowl and beat till bubbly
Mix everything together and stir well, add milk and bananas and stir so you get the right mixture.
Pour everything in a tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.

Walla you have a nice and easy choco-banana cake

But because I am a good housewife I made something extra, I made healthy granola bars but I completely made up the recipe I’ll have to make them again so I can let you know how to do them but till then, here are some nice pictures of them.
Bone appetite’   



No comments:

Post a Comment