About Me

My photo
Very mouthy and slightly neurotic retro enthusiast who wants to be everything but doesn't want to leave the comfort of her one house, and finds that being a bookworm can actually be funner than anything else...

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Upside down




Last week was full of new and exciting things. I transformed myself from a housewife to a blogger to a “long-legged” Pin-up finalist for the Miss Alt Dublin pageant to a rockabilly chick at the Dublin Rock-N-Roll festival…



It has been an extremely successful week, I finally gathered the courage to place my blog out there, it took me a while but it is there and I’m grateful for all you beautiful people who are following me.
But not only that I published my blog, I was also picked for being a finalist at the Miss Alt Dublin pageant at the Ys festival that was held in the Academy. I got myself transformed into a sexy pin-up with smooth dark hair, smoke eyes framed in eye-liner and radiant red lips. I did a little walk down the stage, made some new friends and had loads of fun even though I didn’t won the crown.

The beauty pageant takes me, to the second story of the week, at the question of why should I be crowned I answered “if I win I’ll bake a delicious chocolate cake for everybody”, considering that I wasn’t crowned I wasn’t obligated to bake anything, but of course Robert came to me and said that he’d crowned me for his queen any time and a promise is a promise. I was put in a baking position again so chocolate cake it was.
On Friday I took the time to cook dinner and make the cake. Everything was as planned. I put my pink apron on and start measuring my ingredients. I put everything in to a bowl and mixed it with the electric mixer. It smelled wonderful, I poured my mixture in to a baking tin and baked for half an hour. The smell from the kitchen was going around the apartment like a small welcoming hand that we have all seen in cartoons.  Everything was just the way it should be until I took the cake out of the oven, and that was when the catastrophe happened…

First the cake wasn’t baked in the middle (stupid silicone cake mould), so back to the oven for 10-15min, after that the middle was finally firm so  I pulled it out and poured chocolate dressing for cakes, that I bought in a shop, on top of it and put it in the fridge, worse idea ever. I took it out after let’s say  half an hour and put it out of the silicon mould, the second I placed it on the plate the whole thing fell apart and what is worse the chocolate dressing (that I bought in a shop) got absorbed into the cake…

 
Despite the accident the cake still had a good taste plus I learned my lesson on baking chocolate cakes in a silicone moulds, just use the proper old school one.
Tough the cake wasn’t a success, going out on Saturday was an absolutely amazing experience meeting new people at the Rock-N-Roll festival and dancing my feet off to the most amazing rock tunes. We even entered a fashion show and did a little cat walk.

2 comments:

  1. I'll pray for you
    so one day we
    will meet in
    Seventh-Heaven.
    God bless your indelible soul.

    ReplyDelete