About Me

My photo
Very mouthy and slightly neurotic retro enthusiast who wants to be everything but doesn't want to leave the comfort of her one house, and finds that being a bookworm can actually be funner than anything else...

Thursday 7 January 2016

Snoopy Vanilla Cupcakes

So I decided to bake, because baking makes me relax, plus it is a bonus of sweets for all of us. So I indulged myself to some baking therapy.
I chose a theme for my cupcakes which is unusual for me, normally I just want something sweet and I don’t think further than that. But this time I decided to make themed cupcakes, it just felt right. It may be that I have a doggy, or that the movie is just out or it might be a coincidence that I got a Snoopy and Friends Cupcake kit from a dear college of mine, but I did Snoopy cupcakes.

And don’t make me remind you that I am the Charlie Brown of my relationship with Mr. Jack (That will be a brilliant Halloween costume)



So I got the recipe from the kit itself so they are proper Snoopy cupcakes.

 Snoopy Vanilla Cupcakes:
Making time 10min |Baking time 20min |Baking in 350°F/180°C c/ gas 4

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of plain flour 
  • 1 tsp baking powder 
  • ¼ tsp of salt 
  • ½ cup unsalted butter 
  • 1 cup sugar 
  • 2 large eggs 
  • 1 vanilla extract 
  • 1/3 cup milk


Decoration:
  • Vanilla icing that I bought in the shop (because I haven’t mastered the cupcake icing yet)
  • Black sugar paste for the ears 
  • Different food colours

*This is the original recipe, which as usual I didn’t follow completely. I reduced butter and sugar, but that is just my preference plus I used real Vanilla.

  1. Put the flour, baking powder and salt in to a bowl.
  2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar till smooth. Add eggs one at a time, until it’s blended into the batter Add Vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes. On low speed add half of the flour mixture and add milk. Add reaming flour and mix till it is incorporated and the batter looks smooth.
  3. Fill the cupcake tin and bake until the tops feel firm and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
  4. Decorate it by your choice.





No comments:

Post a Comment