About Me

My photo
Very mouthy and slightly neurotic retro enthusiast who wants to be everything but doesn't want to leave the comfort of her one house, and finds that being a bookworm can actually be funner than anything else...

Thursday 3 September 2015

Packing stuff


Finally I’m back to writing, the last few weeks were overwhelming. We flew home for a “vacation” but we basically went to pack absolutely everything we own and move out of the apartment.
For the first time since I moved to Dublin I felt like I’m saying goodbye to everyone and everything I know.

Seeing your beautiful home, first home with Robert and Mr. Jack, a home full of memories all packed in boxes is never the happiest thing to see. Yes you are packing to move somewhere you want, somewhere new but still at the same time you are closing a chapter…
It was our first home, that we built from scratch, a home that we first brought Jack from the shelter, a place where we hosted friends and ate pancakes and drank cocktails, played Nintendo Wii and now it is all boxed up and on its way to Ireland.
Well there is just a small amount being shipped, we gave away most of the stuff to friends and family.
I keep telling myself that all  my furniture, shoes, clothes and my pots and pans are just material things and they are/were,  but still they were my things that I wore, things that we shelved , our memories, things that I cooked with and ate my dinner with the boys and now all the things are gone.

But still the week was nice, full of surprises and new memories…
We visited our families and our friends surprised us with a “surprise” picnic, it was wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment